What is the course about?
• A fast-paced introduction to the WordPress Content Management system – Computer software that allows you to quickly and easily create and maintain websites and/or blogs.
What will we cover?
• What is WordPress?
• Getting started with WordPress – WordPress.com and self-hosted sites
• Creating, modifying and deleting web pages
• Adding and modifying text, pictures and video in a website
• Styling a WordPress site with Themes.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to…
• Recognise the key concepts of WordPress
• Be able to create and manage a simple WordPress website.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Beginner level. You should have basic computing skills and experience of using a web browser on a PC or Mac.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught step by step through using demonstrations and presentations. Each student will need access to a
computer for practical work.
This course will be delivered online via ZOOM , and will be on a 1:1 format. Student preparation and homework outside class times is strongly encouraged. To fully participate in this online class you will need:
– An email address
– A reliable internet connection
– A computer/laptop/tablet with a fully updated browser (preferably google chrome). Your device will need a microphone, and preferably a camera.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs. You will need an email account for us to send across the pre-course preparation pack
When I’ve finished, what course can I do next?
Blogging: writing your own blog using WordPress, WordPress: intermediate, Design your own website using WordPress: for visual artists, HTML5 & CSS: introduction (stage 1). You might also want to explore some of our digital marketing courses such as Search engine optimisation (SEO), Google analytics: introduction or City Lit Pro: introduction to marketing metrics and ROI.
What if I want to build a Website for my business? We offer 2 options for you…
- We offer a range of Website Design options. We will build you a website and you will be given a discount for your website option to the value of this course should you take up any 12 month hosting / support plan at the point of sale.
- We offer a follow up 4 day course ran over 4 weeks for £400. It will be only you and your Tutor on this course. We will teach you everything you need to build and develop your website. By the end of the course you will also have fully working websites with 3 months free hosting. The website is yours to host anywhere after the 4 week course.